Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Takako Mamiya -- Love Trip




A mystery for me...and for anyone who reads this. I came across this album, "Love Trip" (1982) through the auspices of "Japanese City Pop". Furthermore, I found just one song by Takako Mamiya (間宮貴子) on YouTube, and I'm not even sure if it's been uploaded in its entirety. "Mayonaka no Joke"(真夜中のジョーク...Midnight Joke) is a pretty decent City Pop tune. But despite looking throughout the Net, I haven't been able to find any more information about this singer. Would like to track it down someday, but I've got a feeling that this could be one of the rarest of the rare. (April 15, 2017: Obviously since my original comments, things have improved on this front...as long as the powers-that-be don't take it down. And I hope they don't. I still consider the album a very rare find.)




"Mayonaka no Joke" was written by lyricist Ichiko Takehana(竹花いち子)and composed by Hiroyuki Nanba(難波弘之). Takehana apparently has her own foodie blog.

(full album)




13 comments:

  1. I have the album, and can tell you that the full version is approx 4:53 (longer than the Youtube clip)

    If you contact me via my Youtube channe (theytrebel) I will send you some more information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Mr. President. :)

      Thanks for posting. I'll give you a contact. BTW, how do you feel about "Love Trip" overall? Been surprised about the traffic coming here for such an obscure album.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I am really glad to find this album on the net. Even though i am S.korean , There `s no way to find this album. Do u have any idea to get this album by files?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Goldmund.

      Unfortunately, I don't know about the files but I did come across the actual CD being sold on Amazon. Hope you can get it.

      http://www.amazon.com/Takako-Mamiya-Love-Japan-PROT-1047/dp/B00AXVSKKI/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1389313420&sr=1-1&keywords=Takako+Mamiya

      Delete
  3. Cof cof...
    https://mega.co.nz/#!yFNwSQKJ!8XtgTaNX5dWLc1ZWfD863DT06Iymlecixy8IbCjKULw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kindly, Devadip. :)

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately the download link has expired but I'd really really love to grab a copy. Is there any way this could be made possible?

      Delete
    3. Hi there.

      Unfortunately I'm more of a purchaser but I did ask one of my friends about any download sites. He mentioned http://jpop80ss.blogspot.ca/. Perhaps you might be able to find something there. Best of luck!

      Delete
  4. I rip it trough the net and it is one of those albums that gives you goose bumps. I beyond love that woman and her voice. I play it in my iphone and my car. This album is pure gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I've never listened to a whole album in a different language before--- but this is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Moses. Good to hear from you. As someone who's been accustomed to hearing the Japanese language since birth, I can only imagine the fun and joy that someone else who hasn't has on listening to an album that's lovely. Even though it's in Japanese, it still reminds me of some of the favourite radio songs that I used to hear in Canada.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.