Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Junko Ohashi -- Tasogare My Love (たそがれマイ・ラブ)


"Tasogare My Love" (Sunset My Love) is another one of my favourite natsumero (懐メロ....nostalgic melodies) from the 1970s just from the arrangements and Junko Ohashi's (大橋純子)resonant voice. Nice sax in there, too. It was released in August 1978 and peaked at No. 2 on the Oricon charts. It also sold half a million records. It was first used as the theme for a TV drama, but I think the song has easily outlasted any memory of that show. And no surprise there considering the pedigree of the team responsible for creating it: lyricist Yu Aku(阿久悠)and composer Kyohei Tsutsumi(筒美京平).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.