Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Minako Yoshida -- Light'n Up


Received a couple of requests from Minako fans for an upload of this album, but sorry to say, I couldn't help them out since I just have the Netbook to do this blog from. So, I'll put it to the planet at large...if anyone out there reading this has the album and is willing to upload on obviously better equipment than I have, send me a comment. However, from what I remember in my last year in Japan, the studios were going on a major re-mastering boom of some of those old albums, so I think even the big chains should have some "Light'n Up" on the shelves.

My previous entry for Minako Yoshida(吉田美奈子)was for the 2nd track on "Light'n Up", "Hoho ni Yoru no Akari" (頬に夜の灯...The Light of the Night on Your Cheek), my favourite song on the album. Well, I'd like to introduce a few more tracks. The first (and title) track in the above full album is a New York-friendly, soulfully atmospheric number with a great horn section.

Track 5 is the rousing gospel number, "Morning Prayer" at 21:41 with the late Hiroshi Sato(佐藤博)on organ.

Barry White would love this intro to "Kaze"(風....Wind) (Track 4 at 14:46) which features Minako in a slow romantic duet with bassist Akira Okazawa (岡沢章). I think Ashford & Simpson can give a thumbs-up here. Nice song to listen to at night while drinking that tumbler of whiskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.