Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Asami Kado -- Lonely, Lonely



I don't know when or where I first heard "Lonely, Lonely" by Asami Kado(門あさ美). It just kinda drifted into my memories decades ago...perhaps it may have been "Sounds of Japan". But I guess in a way, the mystery behind its inception (and yes, I am indirectly referring to the Chris Nolan movie) kinda sums up the singer herself who had been behind the lyrics and music. As I mentioned in my first article on Kado, "Fascination", she has always been Garboesque in her media exposure, which was basically as rare as a fine steak. However, according to J-Wiki, despite her professional shyness, her albums and singles did enjoy a fairly good run.

As well, I think the lyrics as well in "Lonely, Lonely" reflect Kado's image. There is one verse in the song in which Kado wants to reach out for that cigarette, open a door and trace either her lips or the lips of a missing lover with her finger. Sounds pretty Garbo to me. And where "Fascination" was a bit bossa nova, and "Season" had a hint of American country, this song has struck me as good ol' West Coast AOR.

"Lonely, Lonely" was Kado's 3rd single released in June 1980. It was also a track on her 2nd album, "Sachet" which came out in October of that year, and peaked at No. 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.