Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kaoru Uemura -- Comin' Together


Again, one of those singers that I was able to find out about via "Japanese City Pop", and the book didn't even contain this song. I found her on an album called "Loft Sessions Vol. 1" which I bought on the book's recommendation. The album featured a number of young up-and-coming singers of the time who performed at the live house, Loft, in Shinjuku in the late 1970s. The primary reason that I got the album is that one of those singers was a pre-debut Mariya Takeuchi(竹内まりや).

However, when I punched in the name of Kaoru Uemura(上村かをる) into YouTube, I was able to find this nostalgically funky number titled "Comin' Together" by Uemura for her album, "Just My Feeling", released in 1979. I was always a sucker for a good round of horns and Fender Rhodes. Uemura came up with the lyrics while Issei Noro(野呂一生)from the band Casiopea(カシオペア)composed the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.