Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Keizo Nakanishi & Wendy Moten -- Why Goodbye




One of my highlights from listening to Keizo Nakanishi's(中西圭三) 5th album, "Graffiti", "Why Goodbye" is a pleasant ballad with Keizo and American singer Wendy Moten. The song was also his 17th single released in November 1995. It may have been created in the mid-90s but the overall atmosphere takes me back to the mid-80s with some of the R&B/pop duets that I heard back then, and I think Nakanishi has some pretty fine velvety vocals to apply to this ballad.

"Why Goodbye" was written and composed by Nakanishi. The music was also worked on by guitarist and producer Yoshiyuki Sahashi(佐橋佳幸). In high school, he was EPO's kohai while being Misato Watanabe's(渡辺美里) senpai, and more relevantly, his guitar was the one that launched Kazumasa Oda's(小田和正) "Love Story wa Totsuzen ni"(ラブストーリーは突然に).

I actually tried out this song at karaoke (due to much drinking at the time). Will never make the same mistake twice. I will leave this in the good hands of a professional like Keizo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.