Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Junichi Inagaki -- Ano Koro no Mama (あの頃のまま)


Well, I'm happy to say I was able to get a link to Junichi Inagaki's(稲垣潤一) cover of "Ano Koro no Mama" (Just Like Those Days) after all. I had been mentioning on the original article for the song from January 2014 that I lamented the fact that YouTube had taken down the video featuring the Inagaki version, but with a bit of a search today, I could track it down.

The reason for me following up on this is simply because of the three versions I now have on the blog (the original by Bread & Butter and another great cover by Haruko Kuwana in the January entry), I have to go with Inagaki as my favourite version. As I mentioned earlier, the singer does put down a mean City Pop twist on the Bread & Butter sunset beach song, and it could accompany any guy striding down any of the major downtown streets of Tokyo as a theme song. And yet, it was placed as just a B-side to his 7th single, "Ocean Blue" from April 1984. I don't believe it got onto an original album, but I was happy to get it on one of his BEST compilations, "Rainy Voice" from 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.