Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Masa Takagi -- Anata ni Say Goodbye (あなたにSay Good bye)


Back at the end of May, I wrote about this singer-songwriter that I had never heard of before by the name of Masa Takagi(高木麻早), and from listening to a number of her songs on YouTube, I discovered that she had dabbled in a number of genres ranging from Folk to City Pop.

Well, I found this one from her 1983 album "Pick Me Up" called "Anata ni Say Goodbye" (Saying Goodbye to You). At first, judging from that cover of the album that this was something in the City Pop realm but as I listened to the track, I realized that the song is probably a little too mellow so I decided to categorize it as J-AOR. In any case, it's quite a stretch from her country twangy debut single all the way back in 1973, "Hitoribocchi no Heya "(ひとりぼっちの部屋). "Anata ni Say Goodbye" isn't any different from a number of seaside contemporary ballads I've heard but it's pleasant enough to listen to with a nice drink.

Takagi wrote the lyrics but Yasuhiro Kido(木戸やすひろ)took care of the music.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.