Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Eri Kitamura -- Birth of Love


Didn't particularly intend to write a third article tonight but about 15 minutes ago, I found out that Artzie Music had put up the latest of his music video creations and sometimes he puts in a remix of a Japanese tune.


I hit paydirt tonight with this one titled "Future Girlfriend - Ongaku & Mikazuki Bigwave -_- Dreaming Yume" (well, his name is Artzie after all) and noticing how revved up it was for the purposes of the video, I decided to track down who was behind the original song and what the title was.


I had to do a fair bit of cross-referencing between YouTube and Google but I did find out it was performed by seiyuu-singer Eri Kitamura(喜多村英梨)early in her career and the title is "Birth of Love". It is actually a character song for her role of Seira(星羅)on the 2003-2004 anime "Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure"(マーメイドメロディ ぴちぴちピッチ ピュア). In fact, Seira was just her second gig in the anime industry, and now 14 years later, she's obviously quite the veteran having played everyone from a PreCure warrior to one of the witches on the internationally famous "Puella Magi Madoka Magica"(魔法少女まどか☆マギカ). Certainly I've come to know Kitamura a lot better since my paltry description of her on the only other song I've written connected to her, "Holy Night".

"Birth of Love" is quite the whimsical tune with a hopeful and breathy delivery by Kitamura. I do like the music by Masaki Tsurugi(鶴来正基)with Yukiko Mitsui(三井ゆきこ)providing the lyrics. It's got that airy feeling to it but I can pick up on that guitar and keyboard giving the song a contemporary rhythm still anchoring it down to Earth.

Amazing what I can encounter near the end of a broadcast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.